Before I get back into the swing of regular updates again (I’m planning to, promise), I figured now would be an ideal time to quickly drop an update regarding my latest travels – which happened to be a few weeks back in Australia just after Christmas.
Why is this important? Well this was the first time my better half (Nic) braved the 24 hour flight to my favourite side of the world.
Having dragged her sleep-deprived self through Qatar and finally snoring through a few movies (Avengers on the plane though? Great stuff!) we landed and she got to experience the joy of being trapsed around the country to see ‘the touristy stuff’ that I’ve badgered on about for the last few years.
Unfortunately, that means that as far as new content goes, this one is pretty thin. But for future reference we:
- Went to see the Christmas display at Crown (Melbourne), had a lovely riverside walk down the Yarra, before enjoying the Victory game in the evening.
- Had some fine wine and beer tasting in Queenscliff, followed by gin and whiskey tasting, topped off with a ton more good grub.
- Spent a day shopping for bargains, and helping Nic familiarise herself with the Maccas menu (it’s different).
- Celebrated New Year.
- Enjoyed a sickening day driving down the Great Ocean Road, searching for koalas. Made it London Bridge before returning home sunburnt.
- Shopped for more bargains at South Wharf, climbed Eureka Tower, played around at the ACMI exhibition and went for a mooch down the laneways.
- Almost fell out of the sky flying to Sydney where we spent forever exploring, getting soaked, dodging storms and topped it off with a trip to the Blue Mountains.
So as you can see, I’ve been rather busy. Eventually I’ll get through posting updates for all of this and a fair bit more – I also have some new photographs to upload and finally replace the makeshift ones I took the first time around.
For now I’ll leave you with the cover photo taken at the Three Sisters mid-storm (hence the quality), and a picture of a super cute koala just because.