To give you a heads up of some of the posts yet to come, I thought I’d post my Australia itinerary (2 weeks). It’s from my most recent trip – also Nic’s first trip to Australia.
Having dragged her through a 24-hour flight to my favourite part of the world, this time via Qatar, she got to experience the joy of being traipsed around the country. We hoped to see all the sights I’ve badgered on about for the last few years.
The flight itself was rather pleasant. Although, I’ll say that the seat cushions on Qatar flights can be quite irritating if you’re trying to sleep. They keep your head forward and prevent you from putting a travel pillow around your neck. In-flight entertainment was on point too, as I managed to marathon a few marvel films.
Now an Australia itinerary (2 weeks) can difficult to plan. Firstly because the country is so big, and secondly because there’s so much to do that it’s extremely difficult to squeeze everything in a short space of time.
I’d only planned a few ‘must-do’ trips, which gave us some flexibility in what we did when and where.
I’ll cover these in more detail in the future, but as a reference we:
- Went to see the Christmas display at Crown (Melbourne), and had a lovely riverside walk down the Yarra. We enjoyed the Melbourne Victory game in the evening.
- Had some fine wine and beer tasting in Queenscliff, followed by gin and whiskey tasting. We topped that off with a ton more good grub.
- Spent a day shopping for bargains, and helping Nic familiarise herself with the Maccas menu (it’s different).
- Celebrated New Year.
- Went to St Kilda to walk along the beach, grab some cakes from Acland Street and tried to spot some penguins on the pier.
- Enjoyed a sickening day driving down the Great Ocean Road, searching for koalas. Made it to London Bridge before returning home sunburnt.
- Shopped for more bargains at South Wharf, climbed Eureka Tower, played around at the ACMI exhibition and went for a mooch down the laneways.
- Almost fell out of the sky flying to Sydney. We spent forever exploring, getting soaked, dodging storms and finished with a trip to the Blue Mountains.
So as you can see by looking at the Australia itinerary (2 weeks) I’ve been rather busy.
For now, I’ll leave you with the cover photo taken at the Three Sisters mid-storm (hence the quality). Oh, and a picture of a super cute koala, just because.